The main house is surrounded by majestic oaks and sweeping terraces of olive trees. During the morning and evening, white doves fly through the air in acrobatic feats. At night, hoot owls can be heard calling to one another nearby. But the best sound of all is the sound of sheep bells tinkling, reminding us how truly peaceful this place is.
The house is approximately 1300 square meters and is built around two interior courtyards that flow seamlessly with the interior. These large patios are complemented by comfortable rooms, quiet nooks and the house’s historic features such as the olive press and Moorish tower.
Owners Liz Barratt-Brown and Bos Dewey have recently renovated a great deal of the house and grounds. All the renovations were done meticulously with an eye to retaining the house’s charm but to including all the modern conveniences. Behind the house are extensive gardens that lead to a large orchard and green garden.